Below are instructions for updating your payment method for a Subscription from within your Paypal account. Usually, a Subscription payment fails when the credit card or bank account information of the Payer has changed. Subscriptions can be paid daily, weekly, monthly or yearly, and allow merchants to collect recurring fees automatically from buyers. Note that changing or updating credit card or bank account information from within your General Account Preferences, may not always update how specific Subscriptions are paid.
- Log into your Paypal account
- Click on the “Profile” sub-tab under “Account”
- Choose “My Money” from drop-down menu
- Click the “Update” link next to “My Pre-approved Payments”
- Select the Subscription you would like to update. Make sure it’s listed as being “Active,” if you’ve have multiple subscriptions with the same seller. Also check the amount and the Paypal Subscription Number and Name, if you have multiple active Paypal Subscriptions with the same seller.
- You’ll see the options to select a new or existing credit card or bank account, with a series of radio buttons.
These instructions were last updated in August of 2012. To get the most up to date instructions, please log into your Paypal account at paypal.com and check their Help reference section.