With the recent move from New York to Las Vegas, the Licensing International Expo 2009 continues its success with the confirmed participation of 72 new companies to exhibit on the main show floor. New exhibitors represent a wide cross section of companies including Liverpool Football Club, Universal Studios, Fitzroy Media, Electronic Arts and KONAMI, among others.
“We are very excited to be a first-time exhibitor,” said Patrick O’Brien, Vice President of Electronic Arts. “With videogames a dominant entertainment form, this is the right time to extend EA’s brands and game characters to reach our fans through even more touch points, and the Licensing International Expo provides us with the means to do so effectively.”
The move to Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Convention Center will provide the means for an expanded show floor, reduce many back-end costs for exhibitors, and introduce a number of innovative new show features. These are just a few of the many reasons the show currently has 72 new companies signed on to participate with three months still to go until the show opens its doors.
“Changing venues to Las Vegas adds a real spark to the show,” said Hamp Hampton, CEO of Fitzroy Media, LLC. “Having access to the great services and amenities at the Mandalay Bay gives me as an exhibitor the chance to entertain my clients and prospective licensees all under one roof. This saves me times, money and the hassle of running all over Manhattan. I am looking forward to seeing my business grow as a result of the move to Las Vegas.”
The Licensing International Expo 2009 will host many of their returning exhibitors, including Mattel, Inc., Hasbro, Inc., The Joester Loria Group, Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Nickelodeon and Viacom Consumer Products, The Lego Group, Nintendo of America, and Sesame Workshop, as well as the following new participants:
- Fitzroy Media, LLC – Recently contracted with Heathcliff Cartoonist Peter Gallagher to create feature films, direct-to-DVD movies and other licensing opportunities with the orange and black cat character.
- Electronic Arts – This international developer, marketer, publisher, and distributor of video games will be exhibiting in the interactive area this year.
- KONAMI – The leading developer and publisher of numerous popular and strong-selling toys, trading cards, slot machines, arcade cabinets and video games will be exhibiting in the interactive area this year.
- Hilco Consumer Capital – This fashion company makes investments in consumer product retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers and intellectual property and will be on the general show floor.
- MC Licensing – A full-service licensing agency will be available to help brands grow through extensions into product categories that make sense for each individual brand.
- Electrolux Global Brand Licensing – Leading the world internationally in appliances, Electrolux takes part in over 40 million consumers in more than 150 countries with products, such as ovens, fridges and freezers, dishwashers, washing machines, tumble dryers, and more.
- Liverpool Football Club – The professional soccer club based in Liverpool, England plays in the Premier League, and is the most successful club in the history of English soccer.